Last summer, I had a great opportunity to visit my mentor and help her out. In return, she showed me how she knits and it literally opened the door for knitting. Seriously. Without her, I probably would have given up. I had a great start, but I did not like it.
Before, knitting felt clunky and I thought it should feel smooth like crochet, no matter the skill level.
After, I was whipping up my first dish cloth.
Continental Knitting made sense. I scoured YouTube. I watched the video my mentor sent me. I got it. I totally got it. It was similar to crochet and I made a dish cloth. Pictured here is dish cloth number 2. Dish cloths are easy to do and a chance to explore stitches. I do the same with crochet...if I'm not crocheting in the round (which I love!).
- More like Achievement Unlocked! I can knit! I like knitting! It's easy and makes sense.
- Mentors are cool people. Even if I'm not in touch as much as I want to be/should be.
- My craft skills include: sewing, crocheting, knitting.
- After I get the first step, I can teach myself stuff!
- Knit dish cloths are actually a lot nicer than the crochet ones I've done...which is a bummer and awesome...